Dales Ward Councillor and Portfolio Holder for Early Intervention and Early Years. This page provides you with information about your local Nottingham City Councillor.
As one of your Local Councillors it is my job to take account of your views. I need your feedback to help make informed democratic decisions about issues which affect everyone.
For information regarding Councillor Surgeries and local services, please visit the Dales Ward and Surgery Details page.
Information and Details
Ward: Dales Ward
Date elected to City Council: 3 May 2007
Occupation: Former Teacher and Headteacher
I was born and educated in Ipswich and came to Nottingham to study at Trent Polytechnic in 1982. I taught for 21 years in the city and county starting my career at Jesse Boot Junior School and most recently serving as Headteacher at Mellers School in Radford for four years.
I work part time as a Childrens worker for New Life Baptist Church in West Bridgford. I have lived in Sneinton for the last twenty-eight years and serve on the management committee of Bakersfield Community Centre and support a variety of other community groups. In May 2015, I was the parliamentary candidate in Rushcliffe for the Labour Party.
- Mapperley and St Ann's and Dales Area Committee (Area 6)
- Executive Board
- Commissioning and Procurement Sub-Committee
- Corporate Parenting Board - Chair
- Health and Well Being Board
Membership of Outside Organisations
- Bakersfield Community Association Management Committee
- Base 51 (NGY)
- Cathedral Southwell
- Nottingham Education Trus
- Local Government Association - General Assembly
- One Nottingham (ON) Children's Partnership
- Renewal Trust
- Standing Committee for Religious Education (SACRE)
- Greater Nottingham Rapid Transit Ltd