Nottingham City Council is looking to recruit Casual Market Operatives to help deliver high quality retail markets around the city.
You will be required to provide an effective operational service including cleaning, erection and dismantling of stalls, minor maintenance and market security.
- You must be able to work outdoors in all weather
- Be able to lift assemble and dismantle heavy equipment
- Be able to work Weekends and bank holidays on a rota as required
Market Operatives are required to work at both indoor and outdoor retail markets as part of the Markets Service. The main office is based at Victoria Market, Glasshouse Street, but other static bases will include Bulwell Market, Hyson Green Market and Clifton Market.
If you have any questions then please contact Jamie Beardsley or Susan Elwood on: 0115 876 1960
Contract Type: Casual
Working Pattern: As and when required. Typical shifts are 5.45am to 1pm, 12.30pm to 8pm Monday to Saturday and 6am to 2pm on Sundays
Hourly rate: £7.87
Hours per week: Various
Job category: Market Operative
Location: Glasshouse Street
Please download and complete the NCC Resourcing Application Form. You are also required to produce a written statement (no more than 2 sides of A4) addressing the following items:
- What is your understanding of Health and Safety at work?
- What experience you have of cleaning work to a high standard?
- What experience you have of lifting and assembling heavy equipment?
- What experience do you have of manual work?
- What experience do you have of undertaking minor maintenance work?
Once you have completed your application form and written statement, please e-mail these to: Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note candidates that apply and meet the criteria on the person specification will be invited to Interview as soon as possible.
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...