Business & IP Centre Nottingham
Thinking of starting a business, or need help to grow your business?
Based at Nottingham Central Library, we’re here to help with specialist information, a range of one to ones, workshops and events to inspire and inform you.
Click each heading for listings then click the links for more details and booking.
- Recipes for Success Tuesday 21 May, 6pm to 8.30pm, doors open 5.30pm
Screening of the British Library event with a panel of famous names from the food industry. Preceded by an introduction to the Food and Drink forum and an opportunity to hear the story behind 200 Degrees from one of its’ founders.
One to One sessions
- One to one: Smorgasbord Business Surgery Every Wednesday, 9.30am to 1.15pm
- One to One: D2N2 Growth Hub Surgery, Tuesday 21 May, 10am to 3.30pm
- One to One: D2N2 Growth Hub Surgery, Thursday 30 May, 10am to 3.30pm
- One to One: Intellectual Property Clinic with Potter Clarkson, Tuesday 4 June, 9am to 1pm
- One to One: D2N2 Growth Hub Surgery, Thursday 13 June, 10am to 3.30pm
- One to One: D2N2 Growth Hub Surgery, Tuesday 18 June, 10am to 3.30pm
- One to One: D2N2 Growth Hub Surgery, Thursday 27 June, 10am to 3.30pm
- Workshop: My Business My Way ‘Book Club’ Monday 3 June, 10am to 11.30am
The launch of a monthly group working through the My Business My Way toolkit from the University of Nottingham.
- Workshop: How to do your own PR with Mary Murtagh Ltd Tuesday 4 June, 10am to 12pm
‘How to do your own PR’ lifts the lid on how to get your business in print, on radio and broadcast on TV.
More support and information:
COBRA (or Complete Business Resource Advisor) is an online resource packed with information about setting up in business. It includes:
- Factsheets on a wide range of business ideas
- Information about legal considerations and insurance
- Signposting to regulatory bodies and sources of business support
- Information about trade events and key organisations in each sector
- News and trend reports for different sectors
- Local area profiles
Access it in the library or at home. (City library card needed for remote access).
Links to trusted local and national organisations who can help you to start and grow your business are on Information4Living.
Our delivery partners
The Creative Quarter is one of the delivery partners for the Big House Programme, supporting creative and digital businesses across Nottingham and Derby. We host introductions to the project and one-off workshops such as digital marketing. www.bighouse.org.uk
D2N2 Growth Hub
D2N2 Growth Hub supports business growth across Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire. The Nottingham team run weekly surgeries and one-off workshops on a range of topics. https://www.d2n2growthhub.co.uk/
Potter Clarkson are Intellectual Property specialists based in Nottingham city centre, able to advise on patents, trademarks, copyright, how to protect your ideas and how to stop someone else using them! The IP Clinic runs on the first Tuesday of the month. https://www.potterclarkson.com/
The Prince’s Trust run an Enterprise programme supporting young people aged 18-30 in exploring self employment and gaining the tools and knowledge to run a successful business. Their 2-day introductory workshop runs monthly in the Centre. https://www.princes-trust.org.uk/help-for-young-people/support-starting-business