We subscribe to a wide range of online resources, most of which you access for free on any library computer or from the comfort of your own home or workplace
Libraries are a brilliant source of information but if you can't get into the library, we can help you with free access to a number of online reference resources, including access to the Oxford English Dictionary, Encyclopedia Britannica and Find My Past.
You can access these online reference resources from your home or workplace or from any library. All you will need is your library card number (e.g. D12345678) and PIN number.
If you are not already a member you can join the library online.
We also offer a number of other online services. These include:
- Library Catalogue
- Borrow E-books
- Need help? Use our enquiry service for assistance with questions, research and studies
Special Resources and Information Services
- Reading Well: Books on Prescription - self-help books for mental health and wellbeing
- Health at your Library
- Jobs and Training Information at Your Library
- In Business - Business Information at your Library
- Music, Film, World Languages, Drama and Playsets
Newspapers and Magazines
City libraries offer a wide range of popular and specialist newspapers and magazines with something for everyone, including children's, teenage, BME and general interest magazines and newspapers. Back copies of some titles are also available for research, reference and borrow. We also provide access to online newspapers and magazines
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...